Sunday, June 18, 2006

Kitchen Elves

This week my parents came to help on our house
and made big strides
while I was at school all day
they were assembling cabinetry.
I would return in the afternoon
to see the magic of their work
to turn what was once a leaky room
into a kitchen

Their amazing progress...



















With such big headway at the house
and the temperatures rising
I took the weekend off
to swim at the quarry
north of the city



















And today I worked on some of my own
kitchen magic
by trying my hand at a fruit tart
while dreaming of the counter space
at my kitchen in progress.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em
Now I really wish we had finished all the doors!! It was good to be able to help. Your fruit tart looks delicious!
love you!
iocm

9:28 AM  
Blogger Susan Lucente said...

I will be craving a fruit tart all day thanks to you! :-)

I'm extremely envious of your talent, energy and motivation to do that sort of work on your home yourself. My old house needs lots of that! You are giving me inspiration though, I just might try it.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, well done to the elves- the kitchen looks great!! Did you have to pass the swim test at the quarry? Lots of love to you....Anastasia

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooooo, I'm sure the "elves" would have enjoyed that fruit tart...I can just picture enjoying a slice, seated at the island by the window.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

we should go to the quarry on the first saturday after school is over! i haven't been there in years!

and...if you want to see what your kitchen looks like with company EATING a fruit tart, you have my number.
hee...

10:07 PM  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

the tart, the swimming hole and the kitchen... is there any more perfect way to describe a summer day?! your post is so full of love, i'm giddy! thank you!

2:31 AM  
Blogger deezee said...

can I hire you to journey to CA and do a quick once over on my bedroom??? It's seriously in need of help!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home