Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Skirt

Going back to graduate school hasn't worked well with my creative life.

Unfortunately, writing papers and readings have sapped some of my inspiration.

My creative projects have been sitting. Waiting.

But over Christmas, I picked out some new yarn and started a scarf.

This weekend, I made an impromptu visit to Ikea and ended up making a skirt.
In under 4 hours.
That seems a reasonable project to take the edge off academia.


















(Perhaps this skirt would have been better as a tablecloth?)




Maybe I need to get back to the blog too?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em,
I love the skirt and it is definitely time to get back to the blog!!love you.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jorge said...

We've missed you (:>((((
Welcome Back (:>))))) Skirt and all!

8:30 PM  
Blogger hele said...

its a beautiful skirt. i love the blue pattern and the peek of orange.

and yes getting back to blogging is an excellent idea.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Em...OH I love it....fabulous...and so good to hear from you again...me

4:39 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

i almost fell over when i saw you had posted!

hee...

glad you're back!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great skirt...I wonder if you can show off that cool lining without being too risqué?! I definitely hear you on the graduate school-waning creativity connection! You are almost there, though!!
xoxox,
AMPC

6:24 AM  
Blogger flyinamber said...

like the skirt!
so galad you're back to blogging!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home