Monday, April 24, 2006

The Beach in April

You only brought flip-flops? T. asked

And so began my rainy weekend in
lovely Cape May, NJ
with only flip-flops and a sweatshirt
(my spring jacket was sacrificed to insulation
and flip-flops seemed a perfect choice
for beach and rain)

While chilly at times
I couldn't ask for more--
some reading
a very short rain walk
Monopoly
cable TV
(the joy of no cable in regular life
is stumbling upon
100 Teenage Stars: Where are They Now?
on a grey afternoon)

and by Sunday the sun peeked out so we could
visit the beach
and ride bikes through the town

a perfect rainy weekend



















3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, ADORABLE PIC!
I can relate to the only bringing flip flop scenario...I love the changing of the seasons and the freedom of the flip flop and the coziness of the fake fur boot.
I am just thankful that this season change brings the flip flop.
Hope you had fun!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

awwwwww!
lovin' the pic!
and glad you took some time off
from working on the house!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see The Jazzer on the blog....:)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home