Saturday, December 19, 2009

Memphis to Texas

I'm not sure if there are vegetarians
in Memphis.

After a dinner of ribs and pork loin sandwich
(I'm actually not sure if there are meat eaters
who don't eat pork in Memphis)
at Rendezvous, we wandered Beale Street.
My musician helped me figure out what
makes a blues a blues.






















I've enjoyed the Memphis street cars rolling up and down
the streets.





















Today we went back to finish the Civil Rights Museum
and checked out Graceland.
































We are now both HUGE fans of Elvis.


Then we were back on the road.
Drove through Arkansas.
Had dinner in Hope
(birthplace of Bill Clinton)
and now are heading to sleep
in Texas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

what was your favorite part of graceland?
i soooooooooooooo loved the jungle room.
i want to decorate my next classroom that way. : )

have fun in the lone-star state! yeeeeee-HAW!

i have a lot of family there...so if you get into trouble...

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home